In today’s robotic surgical cutting processes, knives are no longer in use. The modern manner of cutting is done by Electrosurgery which is a high-frequency (radio frequency) alternating polarity, electrical current.
This “Surgical Energy” is a new and challenging noise source that must be handled correctly by the sensitive servo system and especially by the high-level sensors.
As Netzer’s Capacitive Rotary Encoders are inherently designed for very noisy environments, the DS line of products was found to be immune to this challenging noise.
- “Surgical Energy” immunity
- Hollow shaft & low profile
- High precision
- BIT-Built In Test function
- References in the field for a simple FDA approval
- Netzer DS-16 and DS-40 Absolute Position Electric Encoder™ incorporated in the robotic arm and master/controller part of the robot
- Compact, low profile, lightweight & wide bore: Allowing high-level integration for a low profile arm joint and controller design
- Frame-less & contact-less with a negligible rotor weight: No mechanical parts operating, introducing no extra weight & inertia (load) to the system
- Immune to magnetic interference: Can be very close to the frameless motor magnets