Space applications are numerous, from Electro-Optical & radar cameras, and laser-based navigation & guiding systems to actuators and robotic arms. In addition to the common requirements of high resolution, accuracy, and repeatability, the Position Sensor should be uncompromisingly lightweight and durable while operating in a vacuum and high cosmic radiation environment
- Low speed with high resolution for extremely accurate & smooth movement for long-distance optical stabilization.
- Inherent high level of integration ability in order to reduce the system size and complexity.
- Durability for the environmental conditions subjected in the rocketing phase from earth to space operates in the vacuum, fast thermal variations, and cosmic radiation environments for long periods.
- Out of the basic DS & DF line of Netzer absolute position Electric Encoder™, for such applications, special outgassing materials, and housings are usually needed.
- Netzer’s ability to design, manufacture & test special designs.
- Analog and digital interfaces.
- Compact, low profile, lightweight & hollow-shaft: Allowing high-level integration for a small-size system design.
- Framed IP65 enclosure or encapsulated 2 plate designs.
- Immune to magnetic interference: This can be very close to the frameless motor magnets.
- High resolution & accuracy: Allowing very low pace & step moving accuracy and repeatable standstill positioning.
- Standard digital Serial interfaces, SSi and SSi2.
All these values together with Netzer company’s collaborative and flexible method of operation allow us to offer high-level international Encoders specifically critical for such systems.
Do you want to know which absolute rotary encoder best suits your application? Contact our engineers for further information.