Master of The Surgical Robot
In surgical robots, the robot arm itself is considered the “slave” part of the system while the controller (joystick) is considered the “Master” part and it is a sensitive, accurate, and dimensionally challenging servo system. Some of the “Master controllers” are similar to the traditional joysticks and some are more complex handles that command the “Slave” to mimic the Master Controller motion.
In order to fit into the surgent hand and, the components in the “Master” side must deliver the required performance and immunity but moreover, they must do it while maintaining very small finger-size dimensions and high integration levels.
The DS-16 has been found to be the preferred choice of an encoder to these applications worldwide due to its exceptional performance to size ratio and immunity.
- Small size/diameter & low profile
- High precision
- Resistance to magnetic fields and “Surgical Energy”
- BIT-Built In Test functionality
- Netzer DS-16 Absolute Position Electric Encoder™ incorporated in the robotic Master controller with an accuracy of less than 0.02deg.
- Compact, low profile, lightweight & hollow-shaft: Allowing high-level integration for a low profile.
- Frame-less & contact-less with a negligible rotor weight: No mechanical parts operating, resulting in a long-lasting operational time, introducing no extra weight & inertia (load) to the system. Immune to magnetic interference: Can be very close to the frame less-motor magnets.
- High resolution 16 bit & accuracy < 0.02 deg for smooth and high accuracy rotation with high repeatability of 1 count.
- Special safety algorithms with real-time BIT (Built-In Test) over SSI or BiSS.